Wednesday, July 3, 2013
There have been a lot of things going on that have meant that I haven't been crafting for a while. When leatherworkers say that you have to use your skills often, they really mean it. I made a lot of errors in the tooling and stamping, mostly due to lack of practice. This cover was originally done using chrome tanned leather but it ended up too flimsy. I should have used a firmer matboard for the internal support. But since I liked the way the mini slipped into the case, I decided to do an outer cover with veg tan leather and use the previous cover as the insert. This was my first time with double lacing as well and I have to get better with the endings. Not perfect by any means but I still will get a lot of use out of it.
(For some reason the photos look weird. Please click on them to see them properly.)