Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Long Leather Wallet

The group has a challenge going on this year to keep us all motivated and to try new things. The pattern for this month was for a long wallet. (Although I did one before for my DH which is somewhat similar, I made my own pattern for that one based on his old wallet.) This style of wallet is not normally my cup of tea but it gave me a chance to use  one of the designer sheets that I got on sale at Tandy. I modified the pattern to include a flap for security. The goat I used for the interior was a little too soft and squishy. It should have been a firmer temper. It was a pain to sew when it got to the multiple layers of the card pockets. Overall, I think it turned out fairly well. I think if I was doing it again, I would bind the edge of the card pockets where it becomes the bill holder.