Thursday, January 3, 2013

Roper Wallet

I got a couple of these kits from Tandy when they were on sale and decided it was time to try one of them. I still had some ostrich leg left so decided to make an inlay. I added the strap and snap as I felt it would be necessary to hold the wallet closed.
Since the feel of the piece was more modern, I just tooled a bit on the back and the strap. I have to say I really like the Professional Waterstain lineup from Tandy. The colours are rich and they go on really well.
I'm not sure I really like this style of wallet. It is much heavier in look and feel to what I am used to. It was kind of frustrating that the inserts were too large and the holes didn't match. But I will try it for a while, it may grow on me.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Re-doing purse handle

I posted earlier about my purse with the tooled leather flap. I was happy with the tooling, but something was still not working with the purse. After a discussion with a good friend, I realized that the handle attachment looked unfinished. As I didn't want to have to redo the whole area where the handle attached, I had to come up with something else. This seems to work. I'm much happier with it anyways.