Sunday, June 29, 2008

Playing with textures



Suzanne at Oxford Impressions had sent me some wonderful new images to play with and I thought they would be perfect to use with a technique I saw on Annette's blog. http://goannafive.blogspot.com/ . My version of the technique uses torn pieces of cardstock that have been run through the cuttlebug folders to get the texture, glued to a base, then painted to pull it all together. I love the textural effect and the masculine feel that I was able to get.
Supplies used- Oxford Impressions rubber stamps, Cuttlebug Folders, Wizard, Golden acrylics and glazes, gel medium, gold adirondack paint dabber.
Rosemary

8 comments:

Zeborah Loray said...

These turned out GREAT!
They do have a masculine feel- and that is hard to achieve.
I loved Annette's tutorials for these. She is so generous in sharing techniques.

Congrats on getting your blog started!

Diane said...

Very nice! Best of luck to you!

wwilloww said...

I love your first posted cards on your new blog!!! You are braver than I...I just couldn't even consider a blog...LOL...thanks for letting us know about it and happy stamping!!!

Cindy Cade said...

Being the texture addict that I am, I give these a standing ovation!

The feel is more than masculine, it is mulitsensual and great exercise for the eyes. I mean who can look and not spend time going back and forth to see each part.

Bravo!

shauna said...

These are fantastic! Very, very professional looking! I must try this! I don't have a Cuttle but I have a Wizard, which I MUST learn to use-lol!
Shauna

June said...

Your blog is as lovely as your art. Congratulations on both.

Froggietalks said...

Rosemary, I LOVE the use of the cuttlebug embossing folders with the torn pieces and painted.. it's a fabulous effect. Now I am going to have to get some rust acrylic paint and try this myself. I suppose the only hitch is to c/s that will blend or mix well with the paint you use.

Karen G

Froggietalks said...

Rosemary, I LOVE the use of the cuttlebug embossing folders with the torn pieces and painted.. it's a fabulous effect. Now I am going to have to get some rust acrylic paint and try this myself. I suppose the only hitch is to c/s that will blend or mix well with the paint you use.

Karen G