Monday, December 15, 2008

A masculine Santa card



I apologize for the fact that this photo is a little out of focus. I took it quickly right before I gave it to the recipient and obviously my camera settings were a bit off. Hopefully it is good enough for you to get the idea.

This card was done for my son-in-law and is my attempt at a masculine card. I used my Wizard and some cuttlebug folders to texture the cardstock. This is my take on a technique that Annette showed on her blog here. I used gel medium to glue the sections together and Golden fluid acrylic paints to colour the background. I really like the almost leathery texture that these paints give to cardstock.

The Santa face was stamped on tissue paper and adhered to the background with gel medium. It was painted with some glaze lightly tinted with raw umber to give a more antique feel and a gold Adrirondack dabber was used to add metallic accents. The lettering was done with a dymo labeller. I used aged copper brads and turners as embellishments.

Supplies used- Wizard, cuttlebug folders, Golden fluid acrylics, Adirondack gold paint dabber, copper brads and turners, Santa stamp by Rubber Stampede, dymo label maker



No comments: