Thursday, November 26, 2009

3 poinsettias



I haven't been feeling very creative lately, as I have had a bad cold that morphed into a sinus infection. This isn't perfect ( I'm not showing anyone the back lol) but I was pleased in general with the overall effect, and that my muse has decided to return and play. This polymer clay necklace is done in Christi Friesen style. I chose not to seal the poinsettias to maintain the more organic look.




This shows the flowers in a little more detail. I used Premo polymer clay. The swarovski off white pearls get this lovely golden colour when baked in the clay.



6 comments:

the PaperTemptress said...

well let me tell you, the back might not be perfect but the front is....That is one gorgeous necklace and so festive! Sorry to hear about your cold. I battle sinus infections too and that are not fun at all! Glad your muse is back.

Patricia
the PaperTemptress

Anonymous said...

Lovely necklace. I just started doing polymer clay and am inspired by your piece!
Katina

Bonnie said...

Rosemary...I just love this necklace...so beautiful. A lot of work has gone into this and it shows

Rosemary said...

Thanks Pat. Hopefully the sinus problem will be over soon. I was delighted to finally see my muse again. lol

Rosemary said...

Thanks Katina and Bonnie. It was fun to do.

debbiek said...

Just beautiful necklace, Rosemary! What an amazing gift that could be.
I know first hand how terrible sinus infections can be and hope you are feeling better real soon!