Saturday, December 21, 2013

Prototype Purse, Coin Purses and Card Wallets


This was a real learning experience. This leather was not the best choice for the design and there were many adjustments made on the fly. The stiffness of the faux alligator also caused a lot of issues in the sewing of this. Plus I am learning the quirks of my industrial sewing machine. I do have a list of things to watch for in designing and sewing my next one.




These card wallets were part of a group of ones I made out of goatskin for Christmas gifts. I am happy with how they turned out. I think they would be great as a thin wallet for a hotel key, credit card, a couple of bills while on vacation.



These were also part of a group sewn as gifts. They are made of lambskin with a patent type finish.

Have a wonderful Christmas.



No comments: