Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Poinsettia necklace



I had so much fun playing with the calla lilies, I thought I would tackle a poinsettia. I chose to make the poinsettia a burgundy shade, as I thought it would be more versatile than red. I used Premo for this and embedded Swarovski pearls in the center, using eye pins. For some reason, this particular colour, which is a creamy white, turns golden in the oven and I thought they would be pretty for the center of the poinsettia. I chose not to apply a finish so that the poinsettia retained the matte, velvet look that is more realistic and so that I did not lose the soft sparkle that came from adding red pearl to the colour mix.

Supplies used- Premo polymer clay, tools for polymer clay, Swarovski pearls, eyepins, polymer beads, wire, beads and beading supplies.


10 comments:

Zeborah Loray said...

Gorgeous!
It does have a velvety look. Love it!

I need to take some polyclay classes. *sigh*

LunariumArts said...

Wow! I can honestly say that this is the prettiest poinsettia piece that I have ever seen. Your work is just amazing!

Audrey Huffman (huffpede@yahoo.com) said...

It is absolutely gorgeous - I love it. Very soft looking. Thank you for sharing. Audrey

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Poinsettia! You have a wonderful color sense, it really turned out pretty.

Love your statement in you About Me section where you said you were mostly a collector of craft supplies! Aren't we all! :-)

Rosemary said...

Thanks so much ladies.

I am fairly new to polymer creating, although I have had the stuff to do it for a while, as part of my craft supplies collection.lol This is my first piece that was not inspired by someone else's work so I am doubly pleased that you all like it.

Rosemary

Evelyn S. said...

Amazing! It's so rich-looking!

Unknown said...

WOW! That is really beautiful! Great job!

Carolyn said...

Rosemary, you create some incredible projects. Your poinsettia pin is lovely. What did you use to mold the petals? You can email me directly at cbsumm@msn.com

thanks for your assistance and the opportunity to view your blog.

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

wow! that is so lovely! i can't stop looking at it!
sandyh
sandyha@comcast.net

Rena Sawatski said...

Rosemary, all of these necklaces are gorgeous!!

If you are giving these as gifts, I am sure the recipients will be thrilled with them.