Monday, November 3, 2008

Calla lilies pendants




Christi Friesen had an article in the 15th Anniversary issue of Bead and Button magazine that showed how to do a calla lilly pin or pendant out of polymer clay. I decided to try it. Unfortunately mine got a spotted effect, perhaps from overcooking, or some clay contamination, but I think I like the effect. I was curious to see how it would look, modified, in Art Clay Silver.



This is much more delicate. I am still in the phase where working with the metal clay feels like magic.

Supplies used- Premo polymer clay, various beads, Flecto Varathane, acrylic paint, Art Clay Silver


3 comments:

Mary-Beth said...

Rosemary, they are both stunning pieces!! I like the speckled effect too.

Shelly Hickox said...

Oh my goodness! These are absolutely amazing Rosemary! I can't even pick a favorite...they are both special in their own right. I think the speckles add a nice texture/interest to the flower.

Anonymous said...

Rosemary, my 15 year-old daughter and I just made these this weekend as brooches. They came out beautiful. We've added a thin gold ribbon onto the stems instead of the clay red ribbon.