Sunday, March 1, 2009

Do you believe in fairies?



One of the quote phrases on Oxford Impressions' Fairy Sweets plate was the inspiration for this card. When I read the phrase "do you believe in fairies?", a picture in my mind formed of the old butterfly exhibits you used to see in science centres. Using stamps from her Field Notes plate as well, this is my version of those displays. The fairy children are stamped in Memento Black on white cardstock from the Paper Temptress and coloured with Copic markers. After cutting them out, I aged them with antique linen distress ink. The "case" is made with parchment cardstock from the Paper Temptress, scored with the Scor-it, and distressed with tea dye distress ink. The phrases are stamped with memento ink and the whole thing mounted on black cardstock.

Supplies used- Memento ink, Ranger distress inks, cardstock from Paper Temptress and SU, stamps from Oxford Impressions, Copic markers.


4 comments:

Mary-Beth said...

ard Rosemary!! I do believe and am very relieved to not see pins sticking out of these sweet fey children!!

Mary-Beth said...

I should proof read! Should say Wonderful card Rosemary!!!

JeanM said...

Love the idea and they came out great. Maybe you will be making an altered fairy exhibit book.

Connie Fossenier said...

Rosemary, I see some new stamp sheets calling to me..wow.great job on this card and you did this set justice.
connie paxman