Thursday, March 5, 2009



This is my latest attempt with the Art Clay Silver. I had tried using some molds I made of some Tim Holtz gears. But using them with the ACS did not turn out as I expected as I kept breaking them during greenware sanding. They ended up quite rough looking, with all the paste repairs. So I decided to make a virtue of the rough look, made them even rougher looking and antiqued them with liver of sulphur. It wasn't what I originally intended but it didn't turn out too badly.


Supplies used- Art Clay Silver, liver of sulphur, Mold-n-Pour, Tim Holtz gears, sterling silver wire and findings, leather cord



8 comments:

Cory said...

I really tike what you did....there are no mistakes, just creative opportunities.

Cory said...

And I can't spell either........
Sorry, I clicked without checking my spelling.

DLSarmywife said...

Your piece looks fantastic!

Zeborah Loray said...

I like the distressed look with these. I think it is much more interesting than if they had ben "perfect' gears.

Anonymous said...

Good on ya! If you'd not told; I'd never have thunk it! I like this lots and lots. luvjeansonon

Barb said...

Oh Rosemary, your necklace is amazing!
Thanks for sharing :)

Shelly Hickox said...

This is so cool Rosemary! I had no idea you could do stuff like that with metal clay. Now I really want to try it!

p.s. All your OI fairy pieces are fantastic!

Erin Glee said...

I'm glad you didn't trash this "boo-boo"~ it's great!