Monday, July 20, 2009

Road Trip



I really like this image from the Lucy plate from the Stampsmith. I'm sure most of us have memories of similar car trips, with special friends or family. The image is stamped with Memories black on glossy cardstock and coloured with watercolour markers, applied with a paint brush. The travel scrapbooking paper is aged with vintage photo and walnut stain. The edges of all layers are antiqued with Ranger distress inks in walnut stain, vintage photo and black soot. The word phrases were cut on my Klik N Kut electronic die cutter.

Supplies used- Stampsmith stamp, Memories black ink, glossy cardstock, scrapbooking paper DCWV, various cardstocks, Ranger distress inks, KNK, font used- thwack


6 comments:

Char said...

Thats so cute!

Anonymous said...

Very cool card! Love the image, did bring back lots of memories, of road trips and watching I Love Lucy.
Thanks for sharing.
Eileen

Nancy said...

I love your Lucy image!! Your right it brings back the car trip memories from the 60's for me. Great card.

NikkiM said...

Tooo funny and certainly brings back memories :) What font did you use? This is great by the way!!

inge said...

hello Rosie,

this is a fun card that brings a smile on my face :)
greetings from Belgium
INge

Rosemary said...

Thanks ladies. I just love stamps that take me back to wonderful memories and simplier times.

Nikki, the font is called thwack, available at Dafont.