Friday, July 10, 2009

A vibrant wedding card

Recently I was invited to a Hindu wedding and needed to make a special card. As their traditional wedding colours are gold and red, this made for a much more vibrant colour combination than is normally used for a wedding card.




I used cardstocks from the Paper Temptress' Christmas collection for this. The phrases were done using an erasable pen in my KNK electronic die cutter, and embossed with gold detail powder. The word layer and the gold one were done using my Wizard and Spellbinders Labels 4. I airbrushed them with Copic marker R27. Aged Mahogany distress ink was used to edge the card. The roses were cut on my KNK using a really interesting paper called red plastic that cut really well and has a kind of suede like texture. I used Charcoal Pallette ink on the edges of the petals for extra definition. The file for the roses is by Jennie Bean Crafts and is available from Paperthreads. I had great fun doing this non-traditional wedding card and love the rich feel of it.

Supplies used- Paper Temptress cardstocks and papers- red pepper column, gold metallic, red plastic, parchment, KNK, file from Jennie Bean Crafts at Paperthreads, Wizard and labels 4 die, Copic airbrush and marker, ribbon, gold detail embossing powder, font used is Passions Conflict Rob, distress ink


2 comments:

Zeborah Loray said...

Beautiful! Love the rich colors. Great use of the Spellbinder dies too.

Paper Tempress has wonderful papers!!!!

Discount Cards said...

I think overall this is a good experience for you. The cards are really nice in looks and hopefully they also like it. Keep adding more about these cards.