Friday, July 24, 2009
I really like some of the new pendant dies from Spellbinders and felt that the renaissance heart one would be perfect for this Stampsmith image of Shirley Temple. She is stamped with Memories black on glossy cardstock and coloured with watercolour markers, used as paint. I cut out 8 of the hearts from the incandescant white paper from the Paper Temptress, airbrushed them with a Copic marker, then applied them to the central pendant. This is mounted on a green parchment panel with dimensionals. I cut the border out of the same incandescant paper, airbrushed it and applied it to the base which was cut with the border. The words were done with vellum in a dymo label maker and accented with Copic marker. The edges are inked to add depth.
Supplies used- Stampsmith stamp, glossy cardstock, waterbased markers, Spellbinders renaissance heart pendant and borderabilities, Copic marker and airbrush, vellum, pearls, all other papers from Paper Temptress, SU dye ink
This card was done using my KNK electronic die cut machine and a lovely file from Ginny's Happy Cuts at Paperthreads. I have tried to have the photo show the lovely sheen on the white incandescent paper from the Paper Temptress. The flowers are accented with glimmer chalks and the papers distressed a bit with the splatter stamp from SU , using Brilliance inks in gold and sky blue. The edges are inked with Frescoes blue grotto and Antiquities Topiary.
Supplies used- KNK, file by Ginny at Paperthreads, all papers and cardstock are from Paper Temptress, Glimmer chalks, Frescoes ink blue grotto, Antiquities ink Topiary, Brilliance inks in gold and sky blue, stamp and punch from SU, brad, gold detail embossing powder.
Monday, July 20, 2009
I really like this image from the Lucy plate from the Stampsmith. I'm sure most of us have memories of similar car trips, with special friends or family. The image is stamped with Memories black on glossy cardstock and coloured with watercolour markers, applied with a paint brush. The travel scrapbooking paper is aged with vintage photo and walnut stain. The edges of all layers are antiqued with Ranger distress inks in walnut stain, vintage photo and black soot. The word phrases were cut on my Klik N Kut electronic die cutter.
Supplies used- Stampsmith stamp, Memories black ink, glossy cardstock, scrapbooking paper DCWV, various cardstocks, Ranger distress inks, KNK, font used- thwack
Friday, July 10, 2009
I used cardstocks from the Paper Temptress' Christmas collection for this. The phrases were done using an erasable pen in my KNK electronic die cutter, and embossed with gold detail powder. The word layer and the gold one were done using my Wizard and Spellbinders Labels 4. I airbrushed them with Copic marker R27. Aged Mahogany distress ink was used to edge the card. The roses were cut on my KNK using a really interesting paper called red plastic that cut really well and has a kind of suede like texture. I used Charcoal Pallette ink on the edges of the petals for extra definition. The file for the roses is by Jennie Bean Crafts and is available from Paperthreads. I had great fun doing this non-traditional wedding card and love the rich feel of it.
Supplies used- Paper Temptress cardstocks and papers- red pepper column, gold metallic, red plastic, parchment, KNK, file from Jennie Bean Crafts at Paperthreads, Wizard and labels 4 die, Copic airbrush and marker, ribbon, gold detail embossing powder, font used is Passions Conflict Rob, distress ink