Saturday, January 23, 2010

Simply Alice



Often I find that some of the most effective cards can be some of the simpler ones to do. This classic Alice image from Oxford Impressions is stamped with Memento black ink on cardstock from the Paper Temptress and coloured with Copic Markers. The phrase is a green core black cardstock strip, run through a dymo label maker and sanded. The background layer is a scrapbooking paper. I enjoyed doing the purple caterpillar and this paper matches well and pulls it all together.


3 comments:

Sandie R said...

Rosemary you are truely testing my resolve (not to get into the copic fray) with this piece. Lovely work and thanks for the idea for the Dymo Labeler

Rosemary said...

Sorry about that Sandie. lol I'm sure you could get the look in lots of other ways, but I do enjoy the Copics a lot.
Using the labeler that way gives you a lot more colour options so have fun playing.

NikkiM said...

Wowzers! You're an awesome colourer!