Monday, August 23, 2010

80th birthday card



A few months ago, Ileana Russell, I Scrap Designs ,shared this great cutter file. I just knew it would be perfect for my dad's 80th birthday. It was a little hard to photograph, because I used mirror card to get the chrome look. It tends to either reflect the light everywhere or show the photographer in the pic. Oh well, I think you get the idea anyways.


This was cut with my KNK cutter, using black cardstock, mirror card and a cream cardstock that I antiqued with distress inks. I used my Scor-it to do the embossing on the mirror card. It was a big hit at my dad's party.


11 comments:

Mary-Beth said...

Rosemary, this is fabulous!! Congrats to your Dad on his 80th!

Nancy said...

I love that file, you did a great job "doing it your way". :O) Your cards are always perfect.

Rosemary said...

Thanks so much ladies.

We had a huge family get together for his birthday and almost everyone was able to come, so it was a truly great time.

Creative Monkey Designs said...

Very nice card.

JeanM said...

Love it!!!

Girlsinthecraft said...

Rosemary,
I really love this. I'm going to have to have a look at the rest of your blog to see more of your art.

NikkiM said...

This is awesome! Great card ;)

Karen said...

I ****love**** this! I can never resist a good pun and great design and this one has both in spades.

Karen said...

I ****love**** this! I can never resist a good pun and great design and this one has both in spades.

Mandy Coffey said...

okay seriously, LOOOOOOVE this! It's my grandma's 83rd birthday next week and she would LOVE this card (she's got some spunk and 'tude!) I might have to try this card.
Found you via Pinterest.
Mandy
Small Fine Print

Unknown said...

Would you be open to creating another one of these I could purchase?