Thursday, September 23, 2010

Deep Sea Voyage



Suzanne at Oxford Impressions has been doing plates that are steampunk in feel. These cards are done using images from The Deep plate, based on Jules Verne type sea images. The gentleman is from the Steampunk Elements plate. My version of a diving bell was done using my Klik N Kut to cut out the basic shape from cardstock. I covered it with metal tape and added dimension using Ten Seconds Studios metal tools and acrylic paint. The background was done with Ranger Colour Washes. The fish were stamped on cardstock, coloured with Copic markers and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I used prismacolour pencils for the sea weeds and corals.



Taking a cue from the ladies that use Stampscape stamped images in conjunction with photos, the diver was stamped onto a photo from a recent snorkelling trip. The porthole was cut and embossed with my Wizard and circular dies. I used the copic airbrush to create the wood look. Pencil crayon defines the individual boards.



8 comments:

Trix said...

Wonderful!

Toni Stacey Simpson said...

Wow that is really neat! Great job!

Unknown said...

These are so cool!

Rosemary said...

Thanks so much, ladies. They were fun to do.

tpolite said...

I usually don't post, but WOW! I love your artistic talent!

Charmaine Stack said...

These are really great, Rosemary. The diving bell looks incredibly real!

Tami said...

AMAZINGLY unique and awesome!!

Angie Hall Haviland said...

OH WOW, Rosemary!! Those are FABULOUS!!!