Saturday, December 22, 2012

Flower Necklace

There had been a discussion on the Leatherworker's forum about whether you could use a paper diecut machine for leather. I have one of the original Spellbinders Wizard machines so thought I would give it a try since I know that it can handle fairly dense materials. I used the Tim Holtz tattered florals die from Sizzix. I tooled to get more definition and dimension. I coloured the flowers with Copics then antiqued with leather die. The damp leather shaped well and I was pleasantly surprised at how lightweight the final pendant is.

2 comments:

Pat said...

That is just lovely! Great job as always. Just checked your leather work, and was surprised to see you used your copics on it! Had no clue you cold do that.
Hugs, Pat

Rosemary said...

Thanks, Pat.

There are spirit dyes for leather so I figured that the alcohol inks of the Copics would work. It is a whole other thing with working with them on leather though. The wonderful blending that you can get on smooth paper is not possible so I am having to learn new ways to blend. Finally have a use for all those lighter colours. lol