Saturday, December 22, 2012

Luggage tag

When I was planning to use the copics for colouring the leather on the purse flap, I decided to try it out on some scrap leather first. This was belly leather which is not the greatest but it was good enough to practice both the tooling and the colouring. I did learn a lot from this exercise. The tooling made it impossible to groove the stitching line and I should have cut around the patterns on the luggage tag opening more carefully. Actually things were not going too badly until I used the wrong tool to make the holes for stitching, as I was waiting for the correct ones to come. These holes are much too large and really detract from the tooling.
Even though the stitching aggravates me, I did use it when travelling a couple of weeks ago because I do like the tooling.

No comments: