Monday, June 15, 2009

Friends cards

Both of these Stampsmith images make great cards for those special girlfriends. The backgrounds on both cards use a variation of Tim Holtz's compressed air and alcohol ink backgrounds. I used Copic marker refills and the airbrush in my version. It is great fun and you never know exactly what you are going to get.




This stamp comes as a single in this size and there is also a smaller version. It is stamped with Memories black on glossy cardstock and coloured with waterbased markers applied with a paintbrush and with chalks. I outlined both the main image layer and the background one with copic markers. The embossed lines on the bottom of the card were done with a Scor-it and then accented with distress inks. I used a label maker for the phrase.

Additional background stamps are from Oxford Impressions, texture stamp Judikins



This stamp comes from the Those were the Days plate. It is stamped with Memories black on glossy cardstock, and coloured with waterbased markers and chalks. The blue layer is distressed and edged with distress inks. The label is made with green vellum run through a dymo label maker.

Mesh stamp is from Stampington and Co. Cardstock from SU

2 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

You do such a fantastic job with the Stampsmith images! I have a friend who would love the Lucy card. My fave is the bottom one. I think I need that stamp!

Rosie said...

Love your style! I have a few Stampsmith stamps which I love... and I really like that vellum tip - have used it with white-core papers before, but never thought of vellum, so thanks for that!
Strangely enough, we hare the same first name and initials! I'm Rosie Rowe (found your blog on Next Gen Stampers!!!)
Can't be coincidence, can it? Lol!