Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New silver clay pendants



I had this wonderful vision of how I could use these Fred Mullett stamps to make a underwater scene. I stamped into the metal clay and then trimmed around the stamps. I did a second layer on the big fish to make him more dimensional. The seaweed leaves form the base and the bail. I used liver of sulfur for the patina. I am pleased with the final product but really have to learn how to plan better. I did a lot more playing around and redoing things than was probably best for the clay. Hopefully the attachments are secure enough. I think learning how to rivet should be on my to do list. Although it isn't perfect, it was a great learning experience.






This pendant was based on one in Hadar Jacobson's book. Here again, I ran into some construction problems. I made the mistake of using a little too much water while it was on a playing card during construction. Some must have seeped underneath the pendant and when it was drying, some of the card stuck to the bottom of the pendant. The stuck on bits got burnt off in the kiln but it was a pain to try and peel the pendant off the card without damaging it too much. Another learning experience ( sigh) . It also has a liver of sulfur patina.

Supplies used: Art Clay Silver 650 slow dry, Fred Mullett stamps, Liver of sulfur, various texture stamps Judikins, other stamps dots SU, mesh Stampington


10 comments:

DLSarmywife said...

Both pendants look fantastic! I think you did a wonderful job on them. :-)

EnjiB said...

I love them ! they are amazing ! Thanks for sharing ...

Shelly Hickox said...

Rosemary, your silver pieces just amaze me! I can't believe the fish came from a stamp. Very, very cool!

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

All your pendants are great, and your cards are beautiful!

Susie Jefferson said...

A total success - the fish definitely look like they are swimming. A beautiful job - adore both pieces.

Aileen said...

All your pendents are just beautiful, well done!! I especially love the dragonfly piece. Beautiful cards as well!

Thanks for sharing!

Happy Creating,

Aileen~
otm@outsidethemargins.com
http://www.outsidethemargins.com
http://aileensmusings.blogspot.com/

chrissy said...

These are fantastic pendants!!! I am especially drawn to the fish since both my husband and I fish and we live on a lake. These are beautiful Rosi!!!
Chrissy

Rena Sawatski said...

Both are beautiful, but my favourite is the fish one. Great job Rosie!!

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Absolutely gorgeous Rosie...as are your cards...love the Lucy one.
hugs
Annette In Oz

Francesca said...

Hi this is the first time I have been to your website. I followed the link from Next Generation Stamper. I love what you did with the Stampsmith stamps and the PMC fish pendant is absolutely wonderful. Great Work.