Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dragonfly pendant



This layered art clay silver pendant was made using molds made from buttons. The buttons are reproductions of antique ones and have marvelous details. I used Ranger Mold n Pour, a 2 part silcone mold material, to make the molds. This was my first time using my new kiln and after the almost instant gratification of torch firing, I found that I had to exercise some patience, waiting for the complete firing time. But I am pleased with the way this turned out. The pendant was antiqued using liver of sulphur. I still have difficulty in getting good photos of the silver, I will have to keep working at it.

Supplies used- Slow dry Art Clay Silver, liver of sulphur, Ranger Mold n Pour, buttons


5 comments:

Zeborah Loray said...

Wow- gorgeous piece.

I think the photo turned out very good.

joanne wardle said...

absolutely gorgeous

Connie Fossenier said...

Rosi...love your pendant..I have mold and pour hopefully I get to try it soon..
connie paxman

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

What a beautiful pendant Rosemary! Dragonflies are always pretty but the way you used this one is stunning!

Debbie K. said...

Just beautiful, Rosi! You did an excellent job.