Friday, May 1, 2009

New cards



Suzanne at Oxford Impressions has a new plate of script and background images called French Script. I paired these images with some from one of my favourite Oxford Impressions plates called China dolls. In this one, I used the acrylic paint resist technique that Tim Holtz has on his site. I used a gold acrylic paint dabber for the resist and various distress inks to complete the background. The girl is stamped with Memories black on glossy cardstock and coloured with water based markers applied with a paint brush and with chalks.



This image uses distress inks for the background on matte coated card stock and the background image from Oxford Impressions is stamped with Memento Cocoa. The girl is stamped with Memories black on glossy and coloured with markers used as paint and chalk.


Supplies used: stamps from Oxford Impressions, Ranger distress inks and paint dabber, glossy card stock, matte coated cardstock, memories black ink, Memento cocao ink, various water based markers, chalk, ribbon, brads.


12 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

These are beautiful! I have a shortcut to your blog on my desktop and had just checked it yesterday. It's good to see a new post...and such a pretty one.

Art By Wanda said...

Totally gorgeous cards!!!!!

Shelly Hickox said...

You are seriously the QUEEN of photo image stamping. These are absolutely stunning cards!

Tracey said...

These are beautiful cards!!!

Debra McWilliam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debra McWilliam said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Rosemary. I love them.

inge bekaert said...

hello Rosemary,

they really look good, almost from a "professional" !
They are "finished" : I like everything about them.
The colors, the way you made the background, the way you stamped the photostamp and colored it in, the composition...
Nice cards !

greetings from belgium

One Creative Queen said...

Wow - these are awesome!! I really like what you did. I'm going to have to drag my Dabbers and Distress Inks out and have a go. Unfortunately, like you, I am a "collector of art supplies". (Which totally cracked me up!)

Thanks for sharing!
xx
Katherine

cathy said...

I love your cards. Just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Rosemary, these are absolutely wonderful cards. You really have a talent with the coloring technique. Love your artwork...

Erin Glee said...

Beautiful work, Rosemary! I love the vintage colors and feel you are so talented at!

Deborah March said...

OmiGOSH, your photo stamping cards are SPECTACULAR!!!