Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Spring!



Spring has finally arrived here after a couple of false starts. This image always speaks to me of early spring when the fruit trees start to bloom. She is from the Le Jardin plate at Oxford Impressions and all the background stamps are from the French Script plate. She is stamped in Memories black on glossy cardstock, and coloured using water based markers as paint and chalks. The background was done with various colours of Ranger distress ink and London Fog Memento ink on a matte coated cardstock.

Supplies used- all stamps Oxford Impressions, Ranger distress inks, Memento ink, matte coated cardstock from Paper Cut, various other cardstocks from SU, water based markers, chalks, pearl embellishments


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I Love the colors of your BG that you did using the Distress Inks!
You make me want to get out inks & paper and Play.
VickiR in OH

Sandie R said...

As usual Rosemary you have greated a stunning piece of art. Love your interpretation of Spring. I have bright yellow daffodils bobbing their heads in my garden so I guess you could say spring has arrived here as well.

Shelly Hickox said...

This is gorgeous and that is one of my favorite stamps! Lovely work.

Anonymous said...

very nice... love the co;ors!!!!
Tammy

Connie Fossenier said...

Fabulous job with these two stamp sheets...I loved them so much I just went and bought them...
Do you feel guility...enabling..?
connie paxman

Deborah March said...

It was lovely to stop by your blog...and CONGRATULATIONS on your appointment to the Stampsmith design team!! Your work is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Rosemary a gorgeous creations!!! Just simply beautiful

joanne wardle said...

just thought I'd say hi! now that we are fellow members of the stampsmith DT. you OI cards are gorgeous, looking forward to seeing more of your art and getting to know you.