Thursday, August 7, 2008

Polymer dragon



Along with my cardmaking, I also dabble a bit with polymer clay. This is my first attempt at a Christi Friesen type dragon. http://www.cforiginals.net/ Probably because of the heat and humidity, I found the clay softened a lot and became more pliable than I would have liked. He ended up more alligator looking than I originally intended, but still usable. It has made me aware to really watch the positioning of the eyes when sculpting the clay.


Supplies used- Premo polymer clay,assorted glass beads, tigers eye beads, freshwater pearls, acrylic paint, Flecto varnish


Rosemary

5 comments:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Oh what a beauty! You are so very talented! hugz...

Margaret Kane Ward said...

You did a lovely job. I live in Florida, that doesn't look like any alligator in my backyard!!! I must confess that polymer clay seems to be calling my name. Like I need ANOTHER craft to take up; like sewing, scrapbooking, cardmaking aren't enough?

Anonymous said...

I think your dragon is great! Great work for someone who "dabbles"...
:)

liannallama said...

h, I think he's gorgeous!

Sarah said...

he's fab! how incredibly clever (definitely more dragon than alligator)