Friday, August 8, 2008

Wedding card


Sometimes the simplest things work the best. This card is for my brother's wedding. His fiance loves pink so that determined the colour choices here. The paper was textured in a cuttlebug folder, using my wizard, and the dots and birds highlighted with Lumieres paint. The lettering was done on my KNK using an erasable papermate pen, then embossed with gold embossing powder. I used an oval scallop nestabilities die to cut out the medallion and inked the edges with distress ink.


Supplies uses- KNK, erasable papermate pen, gold detail embossing powder, pearl white lumiere paint, antique linen distress ink, organdy ribbon, spellbinders wizard, scalloped oval nestabilities die, patterned paper, cuttlebug folder, card stock, foam dots


Rosemary

5 comments:

Holly's Hobbies said...

Very pretty, Rosi. I love wedding items. What is a KNK? I have not heard of that term.
Thanks!
Holly
www.todayscreations.blogspot.com

liannallama said...

oh, this is absolutely lovely! So elegant!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, Rosemary! I always say simple is better too. This card isn't so simple when you realize how much work was that you put into it. Just lovely!!

Sandie R said...

Rosemary, lovely card, simple yet elegant. I too would like to know what a KNK is. Is it something one must not be without. LOL

Rosemary said...

Hi all,

Thanks for all your wonderful comments. I thought I had better do a post here, since I have been getting so many questions about the KNK. The Klik N Kut is an electronic diecutter that you use in conjunction with your computer. Similar in function to a Wishblade, Craft Robo, or Silhouette but much heavier duty with a really great software. In this card, I use a pen to draw the letters and then embossed them, rather than using the blade to cut them out.

Rosemary