Tuesday, October 7, 2008

ACS Pendant



I have been wanting to try Art Clay Silver for a while and when my local supplier had a 20% off sale, I figured it was time. This pendant is my very first attempt. I used the ACS650 slow dry version and torch fired with a butane torch. For those who have used polymer clay, the time you have to play with this is deceptively short. I found that the expression slow dry is relative - the small bits started to dry really quickly. It made me really grateful that I did not purchase the regular formula. Although there are things I would do differently the next time, I was relatively pleased with the result. I used a rubber stamp for the texture and a cubic zirconium stone.

(I apologize for the quality of the photo. I found this really hard to photograph well, because of the reflection. )

Supplies used- Art Clay Silver 650 slow dry, cubic zirconium, butane torch, texture stamp by JudiKins, various tools

Rosemary

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your "simple" cuttlebug card and the colour is studding.
Theresa D.

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Goprgeous Rosemary
You did a great job...I too have wanted to try the silver prescious metal clay for some time...what sort of butane torch did you use please
hugs
Annette

Rosemary said...

Hi Annette,

I used one called the Microtorch. It was recommended by my local ACS supplier as being a better one. It worked really well and is easy to handle.

Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I've longed to try Silver Metal Clay, but don't have a torch. Your piece turned out really nice!
Suzanne