Thursday, October 2, 2008

Using a new toy




Sorry I haven't blogged for a while. I have a nasty habit of forgetting to photograph a lot of my cards before they go to the intended recipient. I will try and do better in the future. This card uses the Copic markers. I have had the markers for a while, and just purchased the air brush system. The image is stamped with Memento ink, coloured with Copic markers, masked using Eclipse tape, then I airbrushed the background. I like the way this turned out and this stamp always makes me smile.

Supplies used: Spellbinders dies, stamp by Lost Coast Designs, Copic markers and air brush, metallic rub-ons

Rosemary

9 comments:

Diane said...

Very nice. I love your cards!

liannallama said...

This looks great and the sentiment cracks me up!

Froggietalks said...

that is a great card Rosemary! I love the colours you chose, and that verse is hilarious.

Anita Van Hal said...

I love this! Once I asked my dh if the skirt I was wearing made me look fat...he said, "no, your fat makes you look fat..", I don't ask anymore! This is just fab...thanks for sharing!

Monica Sandström said...

The card made me smile too. Very nice!

Shelly Hickox said...

Beautiful stamping Rosemary! Someone told me the Copics don't work well w/photo stamps - obviously they didn't know what they were talking about, because your coloring is better than ever! Is there a tutorial in the future??? ;-)

Rosemary said...

Thanks ladies. That stamp appeals to my sense of humour. It's every man's nightmare question. lol

Rosemary

Rosemary said...

I sent this reply to Shelly privately, then realized that the answer may be of interest to you ladies as well.

Shelly, I think it depends on the ink you use to stamp with. There is really no difference with the colouring between photo stamps and line images. But if you don't use the right ink, they will smear. The ones I like best are the Memento inks in black and brown. You can also use the Adirondack inks in black and brown or the Pallette inks. The paper needs to be quite smooth for them to work well. You can also use glossy paper. But really, the colouring techniques are the same.

HTH

Rosemary

Passionforstamping said...

I'm still laughing.....I love this card!!!!!