Friday, August 22, 2008

Cards published!

A couple of months ago, Suzanne from Oxford Impressions asked those of us on her design team to consider submitting some cards using the Country Girl plate, to Take Ten magazine for a possible article in the fall issue. Today, I received my free copy in the mail- they published 4 of my cards! 2 with the article and 2 in other parts of the magazine. I hope you enjoy them and the work of the other artists in the magazine.

Supplies- all stamps are Oxford Impressions, distress inks, various inks, label maker, markers, watercolours


Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Altered switch plate

We recently repainted our kitchen and wanted new switch plates for the room. I couldn't find one in this configuration that matched the other new ones we purchased, so decided to dress up a plain beige plastic one. I remembered seeing a mini tutorial or Inkling for this on the yahoo group rangerinklink posted by Yevette. The very plain plastic cover is coloured with Ranger alcohol inks, then has the mesh image stamped multiple times with Versamark ink, then embossed with black detail embossing powders. I inked the edges with the Versamark and embossed them with the black to finish the look. I coloured the screws with a black sharpie to match.

( I should probably have scraped the old paint off the existing socket before I put my plate up, but didn't realize the necessity until I saw it in the picture. lol)

Supplies used - Ranger alcohol inks and mixative , felt tool, Versamark ink, black detail embossing , heat gun, Stampington stamp


Friday, August 8, 2008

Wedding card

Sometimes the simplest things work the best. This card is for my brother's wedding. His fiance loves pink so that determined the colour choices here. The paper was textured in a cuttlebug folder, using my wizard, and the dots and birds highlighted with Lumieres paint. The lettering was done on my KNK using an erasable papermate pen, then embossed with gold embossing powder. I used an oval scallop nestabilities die to cut out the medallion and inked the edges with distress ink.

Supplies uses- KNK, erasable papermate pen, gold detail embossing powder, pearl white lumiere paint, antique linen distress ink, organdy ribbon, spellbinders wizard, scalloped oval nestabilities die, patterned paper, cuttlebug folder, card stock, foam dots


Thursday, August 7, 2008

Polymer dragon

Along with my cardmaking, I also dabble a bit with polymer clay. This is my first attempt at a Christi Friesen type dragon. Probably because of the heat and humidity, I found the clay softened a lot and became more pliable than I would have liked. He ended up more alligator looking than I originally intended, but still usable. It has made me aware to really watch the positioning of the eyes when sculpting the clay.

Supplies used- Premo polymer clay,assorted glass beads, tigers eye beads, freshwater pearls, acrylic paint, Flecto varnish


Sunday, August 3, 2008

More metallic texture

This journal was made for my brother's fiance. It also uses the metallic heating and air conditioning tape. The die cut was done on my KNK. The tape was textured with Ten Seconds Studio's tools and antiqued with acrylic paint. It was a little hard to photograph, without getting too much reflection, and has a much shinier appearance in real life.

Supplies used - notebook, metallic tape, acrylic paint, KNK, card stock, Ten Seconds Studio's metal tools