Friday, October 31, 2008
I thought I would post a couple of cards that I did for Suzanne , using her new plates for Halloween- Trick or Treat and Wicked. The main images were stamped with Memento ink, which is becoming my favourite for images stamped on matte cardstock. The images were coloured with Copic markers and some parts highlighted with the Inkssentials white pen. The background on the skeleton card was done with various distress inks. Hope you enjoy them.
I would also like to mention that Suzanne at Oxford Impressions is currently having a competition to select some new members for her design team. All the details are posted on her site, if this is something that interests you.
Supplies used-stamps from Oxford Impressions, distress inks, Memento ink, adirondack inks, ribbon, KNK for spider web (file done using the tutorial on Sandy McCauley's blog), vinyl, various other inks, patterned paper, Copic markers, Inkssentials white pen
Sunday, October 26, 2008
This was one of those cards that came out of an unplanned effect. I was using some Adirondack Color Washes to make a background and one of the spray nozzles was clogged so I got big drops instead of the spray I was expecting. I tilted the cardstock to make the drops run down the paper.
I think it ended up as an effective background for some of Suzanne's new Halloween images, found Here . I highlighted the eyes with the Ranger Inkssentials white pen.
Supplies used- Cardstock, Adirondack inks, Adirondack Color Washes, Inkssentials pen, Memento ink, Stamps from Oxford Impressions.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
This card uses the same basic format and papers as the one that I did for my brother's wedding, but the feel is very different with the darker main colour choice. The bride and groom are Chinese, so I used a much stronger colour. The burgundy is the same colour as their wedding invites and the dresses of the bridemaids. The words were done on my KNK with a papermate erasable pen and embossed with gold detail powder.
Supplies used- paper, cardstock, KNK, gold embossing powder, cuttlebug folder, spellbinders die, distress ink, ArtQuest paint, ribbon
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
I have been playing again with the Art Clay Silver. This stuff is so much fun, but I am learning some important things in the process. I really do have to plan things better and remember that there is a lot of finishing that can be done after the drying and before the firing. I keep trying to get it perfect at the initial stage and tend to overwork it. And much as I hate to admit it, I really should either sketch or do a mock up in polymer clay first to get better results. I also have to learn how to take better photos as taking pictures of the silver has been a challenge. Having said all of that, I am having great fun with this product.
Supplies used- Art Clay Silver 650 slow dry, sterling silver wire and eye pin, various tools, stamp by JudiKins
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
I have been wanting to try Art Clay Silver for a while and when my local supplier had a 20% off sale, I figured it was time. This pendant is my very first attempt. I used the ACS650 slow dry version and torch fired with a butane torch. For those who have used polymer clay, the time you have to play with this is deceptively short. I found that the expression slow dry is relative - the small bits started to dry really quickly. It made me really grateful that I did not purchase the regular formula. Although there are things I would do differently the next time, I was relatively pleased with the result. I used a rubber stamp for the texture and a cubic zirconium stone.
(I apologize for the quality of the photo. I found this really hard to photograph well, because of the reflection. )
Supplies used- Art Clay Silver 650 slow dry, cubic zirconium, butane torch, texture stamp by JudiKins, various tools
Monday, October 6, 2008
I made this card for a friend's birthday. This is a really easy, fast card but I love the look. I used a cuttlebug folder for the texture, then airbrushed using a green Copic marker. The tag was die cut using a Wizard die, the phrase stamped, then I put the die cut back in the die and airbrushed using the same marker. I used a little antique linen distress ink to age the tag and some silk ribbon to attach it to the card.
Supplies used: cardstock, Copic marker and airbrush system, word stamp by Hero Arts, antique linen distress ink, Spellbinders ribbon tag trio die, Wizard, Cuttlebug embossing folder
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Sorry I haven't blogged for a while. I have a nasty habit of forgetting to photograph a lot of my cards before they go to the intended recipient. I will try and do better in the future. This card uses the Copic markers. I have had the markers for a while, and just purchased the air brush system. The image is stamped with Memento ink, coloured with Copic markers, masked using Eclipse tape, then I airbrushed the background. I like the way this turned out and this stamp always makes me smile.
Supplies used: Spellbinders dies, stamp by Lost Coast Designs, Copic markers and air brush, metallic rub-ons